Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Mumbai Fashionista's Dilemma - brands and more brands- keep em comin'

Mumbai is the new chosen location for a lot of big brands from abroad and although brands like M&S and Mango have entered the market, nothing quite compares to the Zara opening. For the Indian discerning shopper, the choice just got bigger and grander. Located at Palladium, Phoenix, Lower Parel, 3 floors of shopping, catering to Men, women and kids, boys and girls.
At affordable prices, one saw quite a lot of shoppers around and this I believe after a month of the opening.

But seriously, the clothes aren't exactly to die for and I've seen better designs at the local stores selling designer wear. The ditsy prints part of the fashion forecast last year have hit the market in July when we in India really move into monsoon clothing and bridal wear, and the clothing is part of their spring/summer collection (at least what I saw on their online website) but what I thought was really interesting is how the Indian fashion forward woman is going to accept the bling less designs since a lot of shoppers normally associate their money's worth with that little extra shimmer of stone or bead work embellished on their tunics and dresses.

Anyway, I loved the accessories and shoes especially though,especially the black strappy flats wins hand down and will see you through day and evening. The kid's sandals too had me eyeing them enviously, but at the moment capable of creating quite a crater in my pocket. So, Bianca,( my 4 year old) , darling ,you have to wait till Mom gets a Big Design Project.

I loved the fact that I could browse the store without any sales person breathing down my neck and actually felt guilty that I hadn't bought anything. But if I do decide to buy anything , it will be the sandals for the potholed Indian road and now that Zara's here, wonder when that will change.


No comments:

Post a Comment